Tara's Reviews > Family Trust

Jan 19, 09

liked it
bookshelves: read-in-2009
Read in January, 2009

If I could give 2.5 stars, I would have. 3 is a little too much for this book. The story was horribly predictable and didn't have much imagination. It was rooted in unrealistic circumstance - two people so close to a child that they were both named guardian but never met? Did this kid not have birthday parties? The preschool application project was too long of a distraction, as was the engagement proceedings.

The editing on this book was awful. You have to assume a lot of actions have taken place; how can someone poke their head back through the curtain if the don't leave in the first place? There were plenty of typos and a lot of situations that just didn't make sense. It seemed like they shortened some paragraphs without rewriting them for continuity.

I actually feel kind of bad for Amanda Brown because it seems like she might have come out of the gate too strong. While I haven't read Legally Blonde, I doubt there's any way she can follow it up with anything that will catch on as well. Her sophomore effort didn't.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Family Trust.