Angela's Reviews > The Bridegroom Wore Plaid

liked it
bookshelves: hist-romance, series, netgalley
Recommended to Angela by: netgalley
Read from November 22 to 23, 2012 — I own a copy , read count: 1

A pretty good start to a new series featuring a clan of Highlander brothers and their lady loves. Ian, as head of the Clan MacGregor, feels as if he must marry a wealthy English lady to keep his family from going completely broke. Enter Genie Daniels, a rich English lady who's father is looking to buy a title in exchange for a rather large dowry. It seems to be the perfect solution to both their problems, of course if that were so we wouldn't have this little gem of a book. Instead we have a bride-to-be who doesn't want to marry Ian, a groom who falls in love with the wrong woman, two brothers who are also falling for the wrong women, a sister who doesn't care for the guest she should be playing hostess to, a small child who likes to get into everything, an uncle who is a nasty piece of work and a missing brother. Yeah, this is definitely worth a read. It was a fast and fun read that reminded me why I love this genre.

This was the first book of Ms. Burrowes that I have read and I can't wait to read more. I've actually had a couple of her books in my TBR pile for awhile now and now that I've read this I think I'll dig them out and start reading them this week.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bridegroom Wore Plaid.

11/22/2012