Evan's Reviews > Slow River

Slow River by Nicola Griffith

Jan 11, 09

Read in January, 2009

This is the second book by this author that I've read. I LOVED Ammonite and this was the book I read next. I am starting to think any book I read after that one I would've had a hard time getting into. Upon finishing the book I have a higher opinion of it than when I was reading it. It took me almost a week to read this one because I kept putting it down. The structure I think is very creative, I kinda want to say brilliant. The hardest part of reading this is that I didn't care about the main character really. I didn't start caring until page 298. I all of the sudden got into the book and looked down to see what page I was on. This is kinda rambly but I like how the story wrapped up. Not one of my favorites and I doubt that I'll read it again but it's worth reading. Smart women, rich people, set in a near future, kidnapping, working class (lower income level) folk. Money and identity is really a major part of what the book is about, and some other seedy interesting things. There's a splash of romance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slow River.