Jaime's Reviews > Amelia Peabody's Egypt

Amelia Peabody's Egypt by Elizabeth Peters

Jan 11, 2009

bookshelves: 2009, non-fiction, nf_history
Read in January, 2009

Between visiting Egypt in the last couple of years and reading Nefertiti a few months ago, I’ve become quite interested in all things Egypt. I’ve enjoyed the Amelia Peabody series, so I thought this would be fun. It’s what I would consider to be slightly fictionalized non-fiction, as the Emersons are inserted into a quite real history. Some parts were more readable than others, and the ones I enjoyed most were A Splendid Overview of Egyptoloy: Napoleon to World War I; A Commanding Prospective: The British in Egypt, 1884 - 1917; An Expert Analysis of the Principles of Islam as Encountered by the Emersons; A Skillful Overview of Victorian Servants & Their Duties; A Sympathetic Scrutiny of the Victorian Philosophy of Childrearing; Ancient Egypt 101: A Quick Refresher Course; and all of the pictorial essays. The one thing I did think was lacking was information about the time in Egypt after Alexander the Great, such as during Cleopatra’s time. There wasn’t much covered about history after the Pharaohs.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Amelia Peabody's Egypt.

01/13/2009 page 100