Claudia's Reviews > The Eight

The Eight by Katherine Neville

Jan 27, 09

bookshelves: suspense-fiction, historical-fiction
Recommended to Claudia by: Bryn!
Recommended for: Dan Brown fans, fans of The Labyrinth
Read in January, 2009

Ok, Bryn, for sooo long I was clueless! I didn't know who the good guys (Black on the chess board) and who the bad guys (White) were, what they were looking for, how they knew where to look, how they recognized each other...but I kept reading. The historical chapters include two of my favorite poets: Blake and Wordsworth. and Bach! And Napoleon! And Marat and Charlotte Corday. Wow! Catherine and Mireille are amazing women who rise to the challenge of the Montglane Service.

Elements of this story will satisfy Dan Brown fans: history with a twist, facts thrown around that I'll probably not ever check. Rousing story, shifting points of view, chapters that end on cliff hangers...and characters we really hope will succeed.

I wonder how much of 'The Eight' connections are accurate; and then, do I really care?

Good one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Eight.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Bryn I am SO excited for you to read this!!!

Claudia Me, too...it's one I'm keeping at home to read, so I won't get through it as quickly as the ones I read at school...read a whole book today! Didn't do much else!

Bryn I am SO glad you liked it! It's exciting every time!

Claudia this book has a teaser chapter of the sequel...and it says something about Catherine's husband, the new narrator's father having been murdered?? Is it my yummy Russian, whose name I've forgotten?? Say it ain't so!!

Bryn Solarin? Yes. But I read the sequel and was extremely disappointed. I kind of wish that I hadn't read it at all.