Kathleen Hagen's Reviews > The 6th Target

F_50x66
Jan 11, 09

bookshelves: 2007-audio-books, 2007-mysteries
Read in May, 2007

The Sixth Target, by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro. B-minus.
Downloaded from audible.com.
I have liked these books, the Women’s Murder Club Series, fairly well up until this book. In this one there were too many things going on, and not enough drinks and conversation between the women. It seems to me that Patterson and Paetro are manipulating these characters too much. They are more like chess pawns being put in different places to see what will happen. In this book, Lieutenant Boxer is demoted to sergeant because she prefers working in the street catching the criminals. It had not been her intention to have this happen, of course, and her former partner is now her superior. It will be interesting to see what happens in that regard. What this book was about is a shooter on a ferry cruise who took aim and shot five people, one of them was Clare Washburn, the coroner from the women’s foursome. Clare did not die but was badly injured. The book mostly concerned the procedure of determining who the shooter was, catching him, and going through the trial. Yuki, the third woman in the foursome, was the assistant prosecutor who handled the case, and Cindy, the fourth woman, reported on it. There was a second series of events going on concerning someone killing pets and then attempting to kill people in the apartment building Cindy has moved into. We also have Lindsey Boxer’s romance with Joe from the FBI and their attempts to have a romance when they’re across the country from each other. Not a satisfying read even for a light escapist time. I hope the books get better again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The 6th Target.