Ellen 's Reviews > Sam Cruz's Infallible Guide to Getting Girls

Sam Cruz's Infallible Guide to Getting Girls by Tellulah Darling

Oct 09, 12

bookshelves: netgalley

OMG, I have to say I loved this book. It is hilarious. Sam Cruz is a player. He lives and plays by "The Rules," aka "Sam's Infallible Guide." Sam is hot, and he knows it, and he is looking for nothing more than quick lay. Ally Klinger is a brain and a bit of a nerd, quite a bit lacking in the fashion and looks department, but she's got a great personality. Sam and Ally are best friends, and have been since they were little kids. They click, fitting together like peanut butter and jelly, and can practically finish each others sentences. When these two get together, it's a hoot.

When Ally gets dumped by her nerdy boyfriend Jeremy, she ends up asking Sam to help make her into a female version of himself. Sam eventually agrees to help make her into what he thinks is the "perfect female." He teaches her "all the tricks of the trade, the ins and outs (pun intended), of what it takes to be a player. Ally gets a makeover, and as it turns out, she is absolutely beautiful. When she starts getting all the guys attention, and learns how to put what she's learned into practice, Sam isn't so sure he likes this after all.....a little jealous maybe......or has Sam created a monster, or better yet, a female he can't tame. Sam and Ally's friendship takes a somewhat different turn, and Sam isn't sure he wants to go down this road, especially when Ally starts acting like him, with him, and their friendship is put to the test.

This is a quick, fast-paced read, and I absolutely loved it. It is funny, super sexy, and completely entertaining. Ally is hilarious. I really loved her character. I loved Sam to. He and Ally's relationship is great. Their dialogues are witty and they are so funny together, talking about anything and everything, and most of the time making jokes about it that only the two of them truly get. They have very blunt discussions about sex, and their is quite a bit of foul language and jokes, so be prepared. These two don't make the best choices, and when they are faced with what's been right in front of them the whole time, they have to make a decision that will effect their relationship forever. I loved this romantic comedy. I had so many laugh out loud moments my husband thought I was crazy. There were also some sweet tender moments mixed it. If you don't mind the language and sex jokes, you'll love it. If you do mind, then this book is probably not be for you.

Excerpt: "Oh my god!" I wail. "I've got a vullet!" ..."A what," he asks. "A vullet. A vaginal mullet. Party in the back, business in the front." "No. Don't want that visual." He hurries away, me following hot on his heels. "You have to help me." "Waaay beyond the bounds of friendship, Brain." "Shut up. Do I need a Brazilian? " "That's between you and your lady parts." "But you've seen more of them than I have. What's normal?" ........ Because if it's going to save me from full frontal humiliation, then I guess I'll get one. But I'd rather my garden of delights not look like a smooth kiddie playground.".....Sam scowls at me. "Then role play. Jailbait and the pedo. "So inapprorpiate." I head back to the living room, Sam keeping pace. "But forcing me up against you..." he waggles his fingers, "is cool?" Yes, Obi Wan. If you're going to help a girl out, then you need to man up and tell me if I need to wax." You don't need to wax." He puts on a yokel accent. "Cause them there boys at the gator rasslin farm, love themselves a good ole vullet." "I hate you." "Course if you do wax," he says, "and you ever forget your ID, you can just let them count the rings on your vagina. Like a tree.""
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sam Cruz's Infallible Guide to Getting Girls.

10/03/2012 "I love this. Reminds of Sebastian from What a Boy Wants. Too funny."
10/05/2012 "Absolutely delightful. I loved this."
show 1 hidden update…