Kathleen Hagen's Reviews > The Copenhagen Connection

F 50x66
Jan 11, 2009

bookshelves: 2007-mysteries, 2007-audio-books
Read in April, 2007

The Copenhagen Connection, by Elizabeth Peters. B.
I read this one mainly to see if it said much about Copenhagen and Denmark where we toured last summer. It did mention some tourist sights that reminded me of where we were. The book itself is a light mystery, (focus on light). Elizabeth Peters is probably not really my cup of tea, but given what’s been happening this week, and given my last read, which was very heavy, this was a good choice. It was read by Grace Conlin, who did a wonderful job.

The story is about Elizabeth Jones, a publisher’s assistant, who goes on vacation to Copenhagen. On the way she realizes that a famous nobel prize winning author and historian whom she idolizes, Margaret Rosenberg, is on the plane. She strategizes about how to meet her. Margaret is sitting with her son, Christian, and her secretary. Elizabeth manages to make a fool out of herself, spilling coffee on Christian, etc., but she is heading off the plane at the same time they are. There is an accident. A stranger bumps into the secretary with a big trunk and knocks her down, breaking her arm. Elizabeth, seeing an opportunity to get to know her idol, gives up her vacation and hires on as Margaret’s secretary. Margaret has plans of her own which she isn’t sharing with her son, and these plans end in Margaret disappearing. As they begin looking for her, they become involved with criminals who are stealing national treasures, and Elizabeth is also kidnapped. A light and rollicking read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Copenhagen Connection.