Katrina Morales's Reviews > The Comedy of Errors

The Comedy of Errors by William Shakespeare

Jan 11, 2009

Read in September, 2008

When I was firt introduced to this play I was waiting for the play to start during the Oregon Shakespeare Festival in Ashland. I was excited to finally be able to see a play of Shakespeare's that wasn't all tragedy-- not to say that those plays aren't bad, but a person can only have so much tragedy on their mind. When the lights came up and a hispanic guitarest started blabbering on in spanish, I couldn't help but smile. Obviously Shakespeare hadn't written this play in spanish, so I couldn't help but enjoy the twist that the director had given this play. As the play continued on I was laughing throughout every scene. The director not only put this hispanic twist in it, but it had been turned into a western musical, and everyone was falling out of their chairs laughing as hard as possible. Right when I saw this play i knew I wanted to read the play.

To understand the confusion in the play better is to see it purformed or to read out loud with others. Even though other's have said that this is Shakespeare worst plays they have ever set their eyes on, I completely disagree. It was a fantastic play that makes you want to read it over and over again.

If you get your hands on the book, read it with a couple of close friends or family. If the play happens to be playing near your home town, take some time off to go see it, you won't regret it (unless the actors completely butcher it).

Great play, will have you rolling around on the floor in the first couple of pages.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Comedy of Errors.