Bonnie's Reviews > And All the Stars

And All the Stars by Andrea K. Höst

May 14, 15

bookshelves: aussie, dystopian-post-apocalyptic, ya, sci-fi-futuristic, plagues-and-pandemics, pn-aliens, arcs-netgalley
Read from November 19 to 24, 2012

Most dystopian's tend to be the story of what came after, of how the Earth had changed and how lives were transformed. In 'And All The Stars' we get a glimpse into the inner-workings of the change while it's actually happening and affecting people now. Strange clouds have spread across the skies of the city and sparkling dust is emanating from them.

'The rest, from just below her collarbone down, was an unbroken dark blue, studded with motes of light. Galaxies, nebulae and fiery novae. They weren't on the surface of her skin, but seemed to float below it, as if she had become a window on a night sky at the centre of the universe.'

As time progresses, Madeleine's symptoms begin to show: from extreme hunger cramps, all-over body aches, and then the velvet begins appearing on her skin. She has no idea why this is happening and who is behind all of it but she's determined to survive this.

The story incredibly original and the writing was extremely well-done and descriptive. Unfortunately I still felt that things weren't as clear as I would have liked and I felt myself getting completely lost in the story. Highly original story that focuses more on friendships than relationships and just so happens to be a stand-alone novel. Recommended for fans of dystopians with a sci-fi twist.
7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read And All the Stars.

message 1: by Beverly (new)

Beverly J. sounds interesting

Eva Rose You made it really far at 85%, I just found it way too convoluted. It gave me a headache.

Bonnie It was a bit strange and hard to follow, I agree. It took me a long time to get through it.