Chrissy (The Every Free Chance Reader)'s Reviews > A State of Jane

A State of Jane by Meredith Schorr

Sep 10, 13

bookshelves: reviewed-on-blog
Read from November 07 to 10, 2012

Did I enjoy this book: I did enjoy this book. It was a fairly quick chick lit read that I read every free chance I had. I finished this book in just over a day.

The main character, Jane, reminded me of most twenty-something women who are still single. They want to find "the one" and will look at every date as the potential "one". We have all done that, we have all waited for "the one" to appear. That made her very relatable for this reader...and probably for most readers. Sometimes, I found Jane to be naive, childish, and rather self-absorbed but I also found her to be funny and just trying to find her path. There were times where she just rubbed me the wrong way and I wanted to yell at her to stop being so UGH! Then, there were times where I was rooting for her and wanting her to get things right. Her career path was another obstacle she had to overcome to help her find peace and happiness for herself.

The remaining cast of characters were all great and really added to the overall story. The reader can relate to these characters as well as with Jane. Lainie was a great roommate and new friend for Jane. She was the "pot" to Jane's "kettle" in some ways. Marissa, the long time BFF, was like most best friends...even when she gets left behind, she is there for her friend when it matters the most. Their friendship is one that survives even the rockiest of patches. Andrew, Jane's officemate, was funny. Jane and Andrew were funny together and good friends. He gave her some good, and some not-so-good, advice.

All-in-all, a good story with a good ending.
Would I recommend it: I would recommend this book. It was a good chick lit read.

Will I read it again: Probably not. But Ms. Schorr is on my "must read author" list!

(I received a copy of this book for review purposes.)

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A State of Jane.