Rachel Marks's Reviews > Derailed

Derailed by Alyssa Rose Ivy

Sep 03, 14

bookshelves: new-adult-contemporary

Alyssa Rose Ivy has quickly become one of my new favorite authors. Each book that she releases whether it is New Adult or Young Adult I absolutely fall in love with the story and the characters.

In Derailed you follow Molly as she abruptly quits law school, leaves her life in Boston behind and heads back to her hometown in North Carolina. Because of the death of her finance, Molly has no desire to start up any new relationships. When she runs into Ben, her high school sweetheart, old forgotten feelings begin to stir up inside her and despite her mind wanting to fight them her heart won't let her.

Within the first few pages I immediately fell in love with the characters in this book. While Molly has had a lot of tragedy in her life I never once felt that she was annoying or whinny. She was extremely relatable and my heart went out to her because of all the heartbreak she had to deal with in her life. Molly goes through an emotional rollercoaster in this book but all of the turmoil is what gets her to realize what and more importantly who really makes her happy.

I fell in love with Ben the moment he ran into Molly. Though their relationship had ended five years earlier he still had feelings for Molly and I couldn't help but root for them to get back together. He genuinely cares about her even though she was the one that broke his heart. He learned from his mistakes in their past relationship and works to fix them to be the perfect guy for her. He truly is that fairytale guy that all girls wish truly existed.

Alyssa Rose Ivy writes the most amazing love stories that make me wish I was a character in one of her books. Her stories captivate me and I cannot help but falling in love with all of them. If you have not yet read one of her books, then you are seriously missing out.

I absolutely loved Derailed and I give it 5 stars!

* I received a free copy of Derailed for a FMB blog tour for my honest opinion of the book. Had I not been participating in the blog tour I would have happily purchased this book, and I recommend it to everyone!
1 like • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Derailed.