Evan Casey's Reviews > The Greatest Story Ever Sold: The Decline and Fall of Truth from 9/11 to Katrina

The Greatest Story Ever Sold by Frank Rich

M_50x66
Aug 08, 07

While certainly a book that may appeal a bit more to Democrats and those that lean to the left, his approach in tackling the Bush administration's is a reasonable, well-researched, and meticulously crafted one that few rational people could argue with. It was a joy to read not only because I strongly agree with the politics of it, but also because Rich is such an excellent writer that the story itself becomes interesting to read. In addition to that, I learned so much about the events of the past six years that I did not know before, by reading this book. Through the elegant use of words, good humor, and a great many facts and footnotes, Rich crafts an eloquent argument (that I wish I had the knowledge to develop and put forth myself) in dismantling the Bush administration's facade of deceit.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Greatest Story Ever Sold.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lindsey (new) - added it

Lindsey Bontempo it makes me really sad that you are completely correct in saying that this book will appeal mostly to those who describe themselves as & align themselves with the Democrats. I really wish people wouldn't write off the opinion of the 'other side' as if no one who identifies with the Republican party can possibly relate to anyone who votes Democrat... why can't the opinion of an individual in this "democracy" (an idea we're actively promoting elsewhere...) be without party lines?