All Things Urban Fantasy's Reviews > Flirting Under a Full Moon

Oct 02, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: reviewed-by-kate, earc

Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

FLIRTING UNDER A FULL MOON looked and sounded like a super cute paranormal romance. Unfortunately, I was more than a little let down after reading this book, since it was pretty much a boilerplate paranormal romance with frustrating main characters and a boring, forgettable plot.

My biggest problem with FLIRTING UNDER A FULL MOON was that Nick is possessive and kind of creepy. He thinks he knows best and frequently shows that by his actions, time after time doing something he asserts is in Brandee’s best interest, but not telling her about it. This includes breaking into her apartment and (on a separate occasion) wiping her memory, so I’m sure you can understand where I’m coming from with the “creepy” part here. Brandee, for her part, is then so ridiculously forgiving of all these incidents, and continues to trust Nick, despite the fact that he doesn’t really deserve it.

Another issue I had was with the plot. There was no tension at all. Nick easily got himself out of every situation, even those that put him in danger, and he seemed to do things without thinking them through. For somebody who has been around for a century….well, needless to say I would assume one would think before they leap. Plus, there were frequent coincidences that resolved issues. All of the roadblocks to Brandee and Nick’s relationship were resolved in one fell swoop (of magic)! Lastly, the time frame that the book covers is really short for the way the relationship developed. Mild spoiler- Nick and Brandee do get engaged at the end, but they’d been dating for less than two months. It all seemed really fast to me.

FLIRTING UNDER A FULL MOON was definitely a disappointment. Sadly, I don’t have a convenient vampire to erase it from my memory. I’ll just have to content myself with avoiding future installments of the Flirting with Fangs trilogy.

Sexual Content: References to sex, multiple sex scenes
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flirting Under a Full Moon.