Jaemi's Reviews > No Place for Magic

No Place for Magic by E.D. Baker

Jan 12, 09

liked it
bookshelves: series, magic, love, childrens-fiction, humorous, fantasy, adventure
Read in February, 2007

This is the fourth of the Frog Princess books, a series that began with The Frog Princess, one of many modern-day fairy tale retellings I've read in the past few years. This wasn't my favorite of the series, but it was a good addition nonetheless.

In this portion of the story, almost all is right in Emma's world. She's got her true love, she's ended the family curse, and all that remains is to win over Eadric's parents so they may be married. With this in mind, the happy couple sets off to Eadric's Kingdom, Upper Montevista, to negotiate arrangements.

They arrive to discover Eadric's brother has been kidnapped. With her magic, Emma is able to conclude he's been taken by the trolls and is as of yet unharmed. Though Eadric's mother has no love of Emma's gift, she grudgingly concedes they'll need her help, and thus the two set off to save young Bradston.

Along the way they have no share of obstacles, from banshees to vampire bats, and of course the trolls themselves. But throughout it all, luck somehow stays with them.

A cute love story with a happy ending, a good choice for anyone looking for a light read or a quick pick-me-up.

I don't think this series needs to be read in order, though my general recommendation for any series is to do just that. If you're considering No Place for Magic, I'd definitely recommend The Frog Princess, which was my favorite of the four.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Place for Magic.