Beth's Reviews > Schooled

Schooled by Christa Charter

Nov 17, 12

bookshelves: crime-thriller, fiction-general, kindle
Read from November 11 to 17, 2012

I loved this book! When's the next one coming out? :)

From a completely neutral perspective:
This book is an awesome mix of humor, action, sex and more. The storyline was so intriguing, I wanted to keep turning those virtual pages to find out what was going to happen next. The actual crime was mysterious enough to be compelling, and investigated and played-out well enough to be believable. I also loved the characters, they were interesting and I felt like I really cared about them. They seemed real, like the type of people you probably actually know. The author really has an amazing way of writing in a tone of voice that is completely realistic, none of the dialogue felt contrived. I loved that this story was set in the gaming/tech world, which is one that I'm somewhat familiar with and find to be interesting. However, you don't need to be a gaming nerd to enjoy this book - the story is fab in its own right.

From a more personal perspective:
I know the author, and I'd be lying if I said that didn't influence my enjoyment of this book. But honestly, it's just so well written, I'd give it a stellar review even if I didn't know Christa :) I know she's an avid reader like myself, and she's also a damn good writer. I got a huge kick out of reading a story that is set in a city and on a corporate campus that is modeled after one that I'm familiar with -- I could picture the places in mind, which added to the realism in the story. I also got a huge kick out of Lexy herself - there are certainly personality traits that are similar between our heroine and the author :) Oh, and add me to the Malick Fan Club. I picture him as a mix of Mark Wahlberg and Eric Bana. Gggrrowwwll! I do hope he plays a prominent part in the next two books in the series ;)

Overall, this book is a fast and fun ride and I'd totally recommend it to anyone who likes their crime/thriller stories a bit on the risque side. Sexy Lexy doesn't disappoint!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Schooled.