Christi Snow's Reviews > Hyde

Hyde by Lauren Stewart

Oct 19, 12

Read in October, 2012

My Review:
What an incredibly creative, entertaining book. Who would have thought that you could take the story of Jekyll and Hyde and turn it into a modern-day love story, but Lauren Stewart has done it. And she's done it amazingly well. I loved this book!

This story is about Mitch and Eden. To meet them, you would never guess that they have anything in common. Mitch is a foul-mouthed, foul-tempered self help guru. His main method of treatment...telling you to suck it up. He definitely believes in tough love, especially since all that venom helps to keep his secret hidden.

It's a secret he shares with Eden...even though she's not aware of it yet. Eden is as opposite from Mitch as you can imagine....sweet, honest, virginal. Her goal in life is to be good and she has no plans in changing that...until she wakes up naked with Mitch and absolutely no recollection of how she got there. She thinks that she's sleep-walking and she would be wrong. It doesn't take long for Mitch to figure out that they have more in common besides just amazing chemistry.

I like the way that this book played out. It's the first book in an Urban Fantasy series. There is a LOT of mystery about who exactly are the players behind-the-scenes and exactly what they are doing. I have a feeling that is a mystery that will be solved bit by bit throughout the books. I loved the chemistry between Mitch & Eden and the fact that it was shown to be just as hot as it is (something that tends to be lacking in a lot of UF books). I like them together and how they even each other out. They are both the extremes in their personalities, but as the book progresses you can see them evolve and develop so that they will meet more on middle ground. This was especially true for Mitch. He's a pretty harsh guy, but that completely mellows around Eden (unless he's trying to protect her)...LOVE THAT.

As with a lot of UF books, this one ended with a cliff-hanger. Don't worry...I didn't find it to be a painful one, but it definitely makes me anxious to read the next book. But I would have been that way regardless. I did like the little twist at the end with the new, unexpected ally. I cannot wait to see how that plays out...definitely intriguing!

This was an absolutely brilliant start to a new series. I'm definitely a fan and can't wait to read the next book.

I received a complementary copy of this book in return for an honest review.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hyde.