Carissa's Reviews > Clockwise

Clockwise by Lee (Elle) Strauss

Oct 02, 12

Read in October, 2012

This was a fun story. I loved reading a book about a modern girl who has to deal with constant time travel to the 1800s! Books about time travel intrigue me and this one eventually drew me in. I say eventually, because I really would only rate the first half 2 stars. I found both of the main characters to be shallow and unlikeable. All Casey seemed to care about was how she looked or how her love interest looked. Worse yet, she was whiny. Her love interest was a real jerk in the beginning and he never adequately redeemed himself. (view spoiler)

Also, the story was a bit slow. I was tempted to start skimming by the time I reached the 30% mark on my kindle. I think the plot summary revealed too much of what was going to happen. However, the plot did pick up once I read about 50% of the book. There were quite a few "conveniences" that made me roll my eyes and some writing inconsistencies. The main character was supposed to be clever and quick on her feet but she often proved to be the exact opposite. (view spoiler)

Overall, the characters did grow on me and the plot grew more interesting in the last half.(view spoiler)

2.5 Stars
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwise.