Diana's Reviews > Dark Storm

Dark Storm by Christine Feehan

Oct 01, 12

bookshelves: for-review, vampires
Read in October, 2012

The first half of this book was like reading the series for the first time. I experienced that same sense of excitement and enthrallment that I had when I picked up Dark Prince for the first time. I enjoyed seeing each character's actions/reaction before they met the other. And once they met each other, I very much enjoyed how they connected and bonded.

But around the middle, the story started getting stretched out and slow. There were definitely scenes I skimmed because they were boring or to detailed. The last half of the book fell flat for me. I also didn't like how certain coincidences emerged to resolve the ending and provide a link to the evergoing reason while Carpathian women can't/don't have children.

I'm beginning to feel about this series like I do about Lora Leigh's breeds...Just go ahead and solve it already and move onto another issue. Overall, this book wasn't bad, but it was okay. I think I would have rather had the whole book just be "okay" rather than experience a great beginning only to see it fizzle in the end.
21 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Storm.

message 1: by Luz (new) - rated it 3 stars

Luz I haven't brought this book yet, but the way you describe the book is the same way I felt for the last 4 or 5 books. I am still waiting for this epic battle she said is coming soon. The stories are all dragging. Thanks for the review.

Suka Babe I've just bought the kindle version today, not really in a great hurry to read like most of the others before Dark Peril. It's unfortunate that this series is dragging it's heals and I agree it totally needs a new issue to focus on. I hope Christine Feehan can sort this out as I did love this series at one time.

Anita Read the first 100 pages at B&N today. Will go back to read some more. So far, ok. Definitely not spending money on it, however.

message 4: by Camille (new)

Camille I stopped reading the series some redundant books ago. I can't believe they STILL haven't solved the mystery about the children! She's more likely to lose readers than gain by stringing this out.

Sascha That was my impression, excellent start and the end was a bit boring