Kelsey's Reviews > Into the Woods: Tales from the Hollows and Beyond

Into the Woods by Kim Harrison

Nov 04, 2012

bookshelves: paranormal
Read from October 01 to 08, 2012

Kim Harrison has brought to her fans a collection of short stories from her Hollows series along with a few that are from outside the Hollow. Many of the stories have been published before in anthologies but now Kim has brought them all together just for us fans. I love that Kim gives us a background before each story. My favorite short was Million Dollar Baby which takes us on Trent and Jenks and their Elf Quest to save Trent’s daughter. It provided some good insight into Trent and his insecurities. Many of the other stories I have read before but it was fun to revisit the Hollows. Her stories from outside the Hollows, though not my favorite, I still enjoyed the creative aspect of them. Kim takes us into the world of dryads and other paranormal creatures and also provides the reader to a little insight of the direction she might take in the future.

I loved that Kim has brought all these stories together for the super fan. I am not a huge fan of short stories but I did enjoy Into the Woods for the fact that it provides the back story to her popular Hollow characters. This is definitely worth adding to the collection.

(DRC was provided by publisher via Edelweiss for an honest review)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Into the Woods.