Eva Leger's Reviews > Dangerously in Love

Dangerously in Love by Allison Hobbs

Jan 21, 2009

bookshelves: b-urban-fiction
Recommended to Eva by: Keyona
Recommended for: every urban fiction reader
Read in January, 2009

Dangerously In Love is easily one of the best urban fiction books I've ever read. I am officially excited ready to start reading every one of Allison Hobbs books. This was filled with non stop drama and almost everything was entirely realistic which is always a nice change from the norm.
There are three main characters in this but others have sizable roles as well. Reed and Dayna Reynolds are a married couple on the outs. They never should have gotten married and only did so for their own selfish reasons. Dayna realized Reed had some problems but like most of women, thought she could mold him a bit to make him how she wanted and if that couldn't happen, she thought they were such that she could deal with. She had no idea the length of his mental and emotional problems. That comes later in the book. :)
Chanella, a.k.a. Sensation, is a dancer who is foolishly dreaming of picking up a man in a strip club to take her out of the misery that is her life. She runs into numerous problems along this route.
A side character by the name of Buttercup is a quirky addition to the story and she worked in real well in my opinion. The same goes for Ammon who comes in at the end although that ran a bit towards the expected.
It's a 'don't miss' for sure!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dangerously in Love.

01/19/2009 page 1
01/20/2009 page 33
12.5% "Starting out pretty good so far..."
01/20/2009 page 192
72.73% "This books is CRA-ZEE! One of the best I've read in a long time!"
01/20/2009 page 192
72.73% "I REALLY need to know how and where Allison Hobbs came up with the things in this book..."
01/21/2009 page 313
100% "I'm enjoying this so much I almost don't want it to end but I am looking forward to another one by Hobbs next!"
show 5 hidden updates…