Ramie's Reviews > Magisterium

Oct 02, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: librarycopy, ya
Read from October 01 to 02, 2012

I wish I could give this more than two stars... It just got on my nerves and bored me. The main character is forgettable and unlikeable. It felt like every third word was her name (that could be because I was listening to an audio version. Seriously though Glenn went to her room to whine about how her dad won't let her do what she wants. Glenn doesn't understand why her daddy was sooo mean. She'd show him, Glenn would! And that Kevin guy likes Glenn but Glenn hates him, but Glenn doesn't really hate him because Glenn has no friends so Glenn has to like him so Glenn will be nice to him when it suits Glenn and when Kevin risks his life for Glenn she'll be nice to him for a minute but then she, Glenn, will go right back to being a big selfish meanie. But then again Glenn will be stuck with Kevin on her adventure, Glenn will, so it'll be all back and forth and all over the place for Glenn.

Yeah... didn't like it. I really wanted to, I just couldn't get into it at all. In a few days I guarantee it'll be so out of my head I'll have forgotten it. In a year if I look at the cover I'll not know I read it at all. It's just not memorable. I hate writing a bad review, it feels mean. I couldn't do better. Just ugh, disappointing. There's even a cat... A cat couldn't save it! That says a lot.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magisterium.

10/01/2012
25.0% "Hm, so far I am bored and shouldn't be. Glenn is not likable at all. Actually none of the characters are interesting. The story is just... Well I hope it grabs my attention soon. It sounded better in theory than it is."