Marian's Reviews > Snow Falling on Cedars

Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson

Oct 19, 11

Read in December, 2009

If there was a choice for 3 1/2 stars, that is what I would choose. To me this book deserved more than just three stars, yet four may not reflect my true feelings for the story. It was not until I was nearing 100 pages did I start enjoying the book. From there I loved it. Yet in the last 100 pages it lost momentum for me again.

The stongest message of the book were the consequences of loss forced upon individuals because of prejudice and hysteria. It's unfair. So unfair. We're all just trying the live the happiest lives we can. No one should be denied the right.

If you're thinking these themes might be introduced overbearingly, they're not. There is a plot. The characters are well developed. This I liked.

PS--There is some rather descriptive sexual content, not gratutious but there nonetheless.

5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Snow Falling on Cedars.

Debi Your review is exactly how I feel about the book. I haven't finished it yet, but what you've written is how I am feeling about the book right now.