Vanessa theJeepDiva's Reviews > Revelation

Oct 03, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: 2012, fantasy, romance
Read from September 30 to October 03, 2012

There were several things that really grabbed my attention when I saw this Revelation while cruising around the book store: paranormal romance, zombie plague, fallen angels, and possible demon curse. Seriously, I was immediately sold. I love apocalypse books, I love zombies, and I’m a total paranormal romance junkie. I’ve also recently discovered fallen angels ooze sexy and Luniel did not disappoint on that.

The setting is New York City meets Gotham City a few years into the future. Babylon is not anything likes its namesake. It is actually the crime capital of the country. The city is full of crime and violence. To top off those issues the bay had turned to blood and the sick and diseased are looking and behaving like zombies. Luniel may be one of the Tainted, a fallen angel but he knows the signs of an appending apocalypse. He believes that what he is seeing is the effects of a Vial Guardian losing his precious vials wrath. Luniel also knows that the vials can be abused and the wrath twisted if they land in the hands of demons.

A traumatic event from her teen years has left Morgan with little faith in any sort of a higher power. She is now a doctor and relies heavily on science and the solid proof that scientific facts give her. While on the last leg of her shift at the medical examiner office she has a hard time believing what she is seeing in the body bag. Logic and a long time distrust tells her it is something completely different than what it actually is. Morgan’s inability to trust was one of my annoyances with this book. It is her character flaw and she has a right to it, but she held onto the distrust of all for too long.

The entire crew of Tainted was interesting and I want to know more about them. I also want to know more about the archangel Michael. For someone who holds the souls of the Tainted he has his very own dark taint and I’m very curious about the whys of that. Jadzia’s new friend also has me eager to read more books in this series. I love dark books and Revelation was extremely dark, the world, the characters, even the fallen angels had their own darkness.

The spine clearly lists Revelation as a paranormal romance. The setting and the way the story is driven makes it feel more of an urban fantasy. There is definitely romance between Luniel and Morgan. Readers are given plenty of sexual tension and some hot sex scenes that are present with any romance. The author’s website describes the book as an urban fantasy romance and I find that to be a very accurate genre description for the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Revelation.