Kristi (Books and Needlepoint)'s Reviews > Violet Midnight

Violet Midnight by Lynn Rush

Oct 16, 12

Read in October, 2012

I liked the way that this book started out showing us immediately what Emma was capable of doing. It also showed her loyalty to her friends and her willingness to take on the role that has been thrust upon her. Unfortunately, this role has also kept her pretty isolated and not willing to let anyone in completely.

Then she meets Jake. She is immediately drawn to him and they soon discover that they share some similarities in what they have been going through the past two years. Together they start to piece together the mystery that surrounds them. They think that they are on the right track, but something in Jake's past is about to rear it's ugly head and they will need to make some choices that they believe are impossible.

This was a very fast read and the story takes place over only a couple of weeks, so the pace never seems to let up. It is the beginning of the Violet Night Trilogy, so you are left with a couple of unanswered questions at the end. It is a somewhat new take on Vampires for me, and that was a nice change!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Violet Midnight.