LeahSakura's Reviews > Ascend

Ascend by Amanda Hocking

Sep 30, 12

Read in September, 2012

I just finished reading Ascend.... and I lvoed it.
I will admit, I knew about the trilogy long before I decided to pick up Switched and read it. I seen it in book stores on numerous occasions, and each time I dimissed the idea of picking the book up and reading it. And then just casually one day I must have been possessed or forced to buy the book, because I got home and realised I had yet another book to read.... so I read it and fell in love with yet another set of characters, a whole new world and a well planned out and considered storyline.

[SPOILERS NEXT]
But back to Ascend, since this is the review for it.
I checked out some other reviews, while I agree that the climax to the huge battle at the end was short and didn't entirely match, it fitted my liking. I didn't really like the whole idea of their being a huge show down between Wendy and Oren, just because I'm not a fan of huge descriptive battles with blood and wounds and fights.
I loved the short story 'Ever After'
I always shipped Loki and Wendy the minute Loki came into the picture, but I never actually thought it would end with them together. I thought Finn, much to my dislike, would have Wendy. I preferred it this way, much more thrilling and suitable.
Oliver is my fave character :D
There should be another troligy, but like ten or so many years later..... yeah thats it. AMAZING FNISH :D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ascend.