Katie Hutchison Irion 's Reviews > The Morning Gift

The Morning Gift by Eva Ibbotson

Jan 09, 09

I wish I could give this a 4.5. This is another book that is now being marketed to young adults but was once published as an adult book. I really liked the story and the writing style. This one is set in Vienna during WWII. Here's the short from Amazon:
Twenty-year-old Ruth Berger is desperate. The daughter of a Jewish-Austrian professor, she was supposed to have escaped Vienna before the Nazis marched into the city. Yet the plan went completely wrong, and while her family and fiancé are waiting for her in safety, Ruth is stuck in Vienna with no way to escape. Then she encounters her father’s younger college professor, the dashing British paleontologist Quin Sommerville. Together, they strike a bargain: a marriage of convenience, to be annulled as soon as they return to safety. But dissolving the marriage proves to be more difficult than either of them thought—not the least because of the undeniable attraction Quin and Ruth share. To make matters worse, Ruth is enrolled in Quin’s university, in his very classes. Can their secret survive, or will circumstances destroy their love?
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Morning Gift.