Erleen (Books For YA!)'s Reviews > The Sundering

The Sundering by Megg Jensen

Oct 12, 12

Read in September, 2012

This review can also be found at Books For YA!

The Sundering is the third in the Swarm Trilogy and the last in the Song of Eloh saga and honestly, I didn’t expect I would love this so much. I was, actually, having second thoughts about Lianne's effectivity as a heroine in the first book, Sleepers. It was a bit hard for me to connect to her character because she's illogical sometimes.

But after I read the second book, Afterlife, it was clear to me that she doesn't do what she's supposed to do. She's stubborn and impulsive and unpredictable. She's definitely different than any other heroine. And her character slowly grows on me.

In this third book, she totally proved to me that I shouldn't underestimated her in the beginning. Her boldness was unbelievable. I didn't expect she would make such a big decision like that. She sticks to what she believed in and do what she think is best. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I admire her for that.

The ending was surprising! Hard decisions and sacrifices were made just to achieve the peace that everyone wanted. I can't imagine a better ending in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sundering.