Tara's Reviews > The Watch That Ends the Night

The Watch That Ends the Night by Allan Wolf

Sep 29, 12

I don't see how this book could earn less than five stars. I have always been drawn to the Titanic and when I saw this book sitting on a shelf, I had to read it. It makes you feel as if you were on the ship yourself and makes it all seem very personal. Many times in the book I felt as if I were living the life of these people. At first I was suspicious at how good this book was going to be when it was told in the different perspectives of completely different people and in different ways of writing as well. But by the middle of the book, I was completely amazed at how the author could switch so quickly between the different characters and yet keep each character individual and showing no signs of having traits of the other people. Each person thought in a different way and believed different things. This book had me captivated. Even at the end when the Titanic sank (where I usually end up becoming resntful of the book), even through the tears I loved the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Watch That Ends the Night.