Jennifer's Reviews > Tombs of Endearment

Tombs of Endearment by Casey Daniels

Mar 25, 09

bookshelves: 2009, casey_daniels, paranormal_mystery
Read in March, 2009

This is the third installment in the Pepper Martin Mystery series and once again an enjoyable read.

In this book our feisty cemetery tour guide has to help rock legend Damon Curtis. Now - the back of the book claims that Damon is convinced that his band mate murdered him and that Pepper's mission is to prove that - but they have that kind of wrong. I hate it when backs of books misdirect the reader! And I am happy I didn't read the back of the book before I started or I would have been waiting for events that never really occurred. Was band mate Vinnie Pallucci a jerk and doing some bad things? Yup. But it's not quite how the back of the book tells you things are going to go down. I will leave it at that so as not to spoil things.

On a side bar - some things do happen in the Quinn department(who is the hot detective hunk in the wings) and also the mysterious Dan shows up again. They are wetting my appetite and I am hoping the 4th installment brings more on these two men in Pepper's life. (Does Dan work for a secret ghost buster agency? Does Quinn think Pepper is a nut ball now?)

I both hate and love these books because they read really fast and they always make me want more more more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tombs of Endearment.

03/22/2009 page 30