Amy's Reviews > Such a Pretty Fat: One Narcissist's Quest to Discover if Her Life Makes Her Ass Look Big, or Why Pie is Not the Answer

Such a Pretty Fat by Jen Lancaster

Aug 11, 09

bookshelves: memoirs
Read in August, 2009

By far the best Jen Lancaster book I've read so far. Snarky and foul-mouthed as always, Jen leads us through her own battle with the bulge. Out-of-work, but pursuing her career as an author, Jen begins this book by trying weight loss on her own. As we all know, will-power crumbles easily when there are no immediate consequences, especially when it comes to dieting. Jen reluctantly proposes a book chronically her attempt at dieting and then the real fun begins. Jen's experiences with Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers meetings, the gym and her personal trainer, Barbie, are hilariously depicted. As anyone who has read Jen's books knows, the girl does not suffer from low self-esteem at all, but through her hard work at weight loss we see her grow, change and accept herself in a whole new way. Great fun and it kind of makes you wanna go exercise. Wish I could maintain that motivation!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Such a Pretty Fat.

Quotes Amy Liked