Kimberly's Reviews > Alice in Zombieland

Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter

Sep 29, 12

Read on September 29, 2012

First things first; I loved, loved , loved this book. I didn’t put it down, not even when I had to go to the bathroom. Yeah.. TMI I know. At first when I heard about it, I was excited, yet slightly put off because it was a book for “Teens”. But, I bought it and read it anyways. Boy I’m glad I did. Let’s set aside the fact that I love zombies for a moment and just concentrate on the book. I found it so refreshing in reading about zombies instead of all the other paranormal beings that have been constantly droned on about for years and years now. It was about time someone brought something “fresh” to the table.

Did it take me a moment to get in a mindset of a teenager, eh.. yes and no. Gena Showalter, in my opinion, did an amazing job with connecting us with Ali. First thing you read of the book is a letter from the main character herself. Then Gena makes us feel sympathy for the character, basically leading us to sit down on this roller coaster like small children with candy, before smashing the buttons on the control panel, sending us off onto an emotionally charged roller coaster.

I’m not going to say anything to ruin any part of the book for anyone, but only the best of authors can pull the reader in, cause their breathing to hitch in the middle of a fight scene, cause their throats to tighten and dry from a mix of fear and sadness. Showalter did just that for me.

If you allow your world to fall away and immerse yourself into Alice’s Zombieland, you’ll connect with the characters and the story in a way you wouldn’t believe was possible, and you’ll love every moment of it.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alice in Zombieland.

Petra Youssef SAME HERE I HATED GOING TO THE BATHROOM WITHOUT IT OMG!!!!!!