Miranda's Reviews > 34 Pieces of You

34 Pieces of You by Carmen Rodrigues

Sep 29, 12

Read on September 29, 2012

So many people said they read this book in just one sitting. I wasn't expecting that to be the case for me, what with all the homework and studying I should have been doing. But needing a break from Karl, Max and Emile I cracked open (well clicked open) Carmen Rodrigues' 34 Pieces of You and now here I am, a bit past midnight, emotionally drained.

There was not a single character in this story that I couldn't relate to in some way. The troubles they went through were real and some touched very close to home for me making this a book that I'm sure I'll be thinking about for quite a while. This isn't an easy read in that all the characters are pained and hurting in some way and reading it you just wish you could help them. And obviously they're just characters, but they represent real issues that people are going through every day like depression, guilt, loneliness, trauma, etc.

I guess I'm not really sure what I'm trying to say here, except that you should definitely read this book. It's sad, and it's good, and it's real.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 34 Pieces of You.