Lisa's Reviews > Skinny Bitch: A No-Nonsense, Tough-Love Guide for Savvy Girls Who Want to Stop Eating Crap and Start Looking Fabulous!

Skinny Bitch by Rory Freedman

Jan 31, 09

bookshelves: hated-and-overrated

The popularity of this heinous piece of garbage sickens and disheartens me. The fact that the vulgar languange was contrived for shock value to generate sales makes it no less vile. I will say this without any qualification: If you consider yourself a "smart" woman and think this book is funny, helpful, and intelligent, the entire world needs to re-think "smart". It's about as "smart" as a fart in the face.

And their expose of slaughterhouses? Read Temple Grandin if you want to know more. There have been gains in the interests of humane slaughtering. I bet these two c-bombs wear fur, anyway.

Someone wrote this and got paid for it. Repeat 800 times, then please, pull your own writing out of the trash and keep trying.
They spout idiocy like "Coffee is for pussies". Ok, you two dumb shits (the authors): Women can't BE pussies. Then they say, about giving up coffee, "it's not heroin, girls, and you'll learn to live without it". Um, it IS TOO heroin! Only better. Heard enough? Instead of coffee, they suggest you drink decaffeinated green tea. NOW who's a pussy? This is poorly written, to say the least. It's like someone wrote down and combined all the goofy things my sister-in-law Peggy and my former co-worker Erika used to randomly come up with. Only not as funny, believe me. And skinny bitches? I wouldn't exactly call the authors "bitches". I'll See You Next Tuesday instead.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Skinny Bitch.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Regina (new)

Regina Viscogliosi i read this book too, and have serious reservations about it. i know that you should eat as much live food as possible, but seriously? if you want me to jump on the skinny bitch bandwagon, how about not insulting me in the process. skinny? possibly. bitches? most assuredly.

Melissa I thought this book was the biggest piece of crap to ever have crossed my path - seems like a lot of people agree... and yeah! How bad is it that these two dumbasses got paid for this, and are still making money off it?!