Jaime's Reviews > Three Parts Dead

Three Parts Dead by Max Gladstone

Oct 02, 12

Read from September 29 to October 02, 2012

This book is well written and interesting. Tara was likable, as were the other character’s. However, it is hard to keep up with what’s going on. This book reads like a sequel. A whole world is developed and its is not explained to us at all. There are countries, but no map for us to see. There are gods, but no explantation of who they are, what pantheon they belong to, etc. There was a God War, but it is never gone into, we only see the aftermath. There are creature’s, some we are familiar with, some created, most are not explained until half way through the book. And most importantly the world is not clearly described. I not sure if its some current Earth parallel, if its the past or future, or if it some entire other world all together. The book starts off as if we know everything already, even though it is the first in the series, and the first novel from this author. A prologue and a reference key to the world would have been the least the author could do.

I was lost, trying to remember, and piece things together from the very beginning of the book. That doesn’t even include trying to solve the mystery along with Tara and Abelard. That is not a good thing. The author seems to have another in the series coming out next year. Hopefully its a prequel.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Three Parts Dead.