Douglas Meeks's Reviews > Touch of the Demon

Sep 28, 12

Touch of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #5)Touch of the Demon by Diana Rowland

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

REVIEW:

Well folk, Kara has stumbled into the worst time of her life in this book, for those that read Sins of the Demon (book #4) of this series and screamed like I did at the horrible cliffhanger ending, this should help a bit.

Kara finds herself betrayed, imprisoned, and used as a pawn in struggles that began long before she was born. For those of you that love angst, pain and torture; you will get your fill, for those (like me) who want revenge, uh, justice, you will get that in ways you never expected (I mean it, you NEVER expected). Let us not forget the bit of passion and near erotic nature of previous novels, yep, that is here also, what’s not to love?

You should be forewarned that this book is going to be more of an independent novel in comparison to the previous books and I suppose it was needed to keep the series from becoming stale. The changes here will breathe fresh air into an already exceptional series for several more novels.

The myriad plots and subplots that Ms Rowland throws out throughout the book keep you guessing and also provide enough action for her to do some new world building and fill in some history of this new world without boring the reader. Additionally, revelations concerning instances of Kara’s own recent history previously hidden will be revealed, almost NOTHING is as it seemed.

RATING:
This is a well crafted novel that serves the purpose of soothing readers that were less than happy about the ending of Sins of the Demon (book #4) and taking the series off in new directions while holding the same level of excellent writing exhibited in previous novels. Fans of this series are going to love this, there may be some stress and concern in the early and middle portions of the book but you will cheer the ending …… trust me :)
5 Stars easy and more great novels in this series still to come!

Series reading order at this link:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Touch of the Demon.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new) - added it

Amy So no cliffhanger ending in this one? *crosses fingers*

message 2: by Douglas (last edited Oct 07, 2012 05:05AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Douglas Meeks No cliffhanger ending, there is a teaser ending to look forward to the next one but pretty much all things that were left in the air at the last book have all been resolved and some new angles have been revealed that will most likely be the plot device for the next book. This is a bit of a game changer for the series and other than the lack of much from her usual secondary characters (a one time thing she assures me) the book was amazing and hold on to your seat. It IS going to be a bumpy ride :)

message 3: by Amy (new) - added it

Amy So excited! Thanks for the review and extra info, im sure the girls over at the Kara Gillian fanpage will be happy to hear it too.

Nikki Nik Great review! I'm jealous that you got to read it alread. :P

I asked you on another thread, but I'll ask again here: is there a resolution in the Rhyz/Ryan triangle in this book?

Douglas Meeks Not the way you think it might ....

Nikki Nik Thanks! Interesting. I'm a fan of Rhyzkhal, and I have a feeling that's not going to end well for me based on the tone of the first 3 chapters.

Douglas Meeks A bit more detailed review but basically the same

Nikki Nik Douglas, thank you so much for that link/review! I cannot wait to read this book.

message 9: by Zoe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zoe Cannot wait to read this. December 31 is too far away!

message 10: by Zoe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zoe Do you think there will only be 6 books?

Douglas Meeks Zoe wrote: "Do you think there will only be 6 books?"
In a review to RT

she mentions she plans at least 4 more books after this one.

message 12: by Zoe (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zoe thanks!

Alisi ☆ needs to stop starting new books ☆ OMIGAH! Ihatechu~ I wanna read it so badly! D':

Douglas Meeks I aim to please :) You WILL love it and it is going to twist you up, maybe I was the only one not paying attention.

Alisi ☆ needs to stop starting new books ☆ Actually, I was very happy to read your review. I don't like cliffhangers like in the last book so I was waiting for a review to say it didn't have such a terrible cliffhanger. XD~ So I was like AWESOME! I gets to pre-order it NAO. XD Haha!

Michelle Cummings Great review. I couldn't do this book justice without spoiling anything, but you did it!