Iraida's Reviews > City of Ashes

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

** spoiler alert ** Better than the first installment of the trilogy, this is a most read.

Now that we know the characters we can enjoy better the plot line. I in particular got too really like Alec in this book whereas in the last one I wanted to hit him over the head with something. Jace is amazing, like always. He is so reckless and desperate for love that you just want to hug him to death. Clary’s fight with her feeling for her ‘brother’ is breathtaking, even if you want to run the girl over with a car for everything else.

All in all this is one of my top 10 books and I’m waiting Impatiently for the next and last one.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Ashes.

Quotes Iraida Liked

Cassandra Clare
“Mom. I have something to tell you. I’m undead. Now, I know you may have some preconceived notions about the undead. I know you may not be comfortable with the idea of me being undead. But I’m here to tell you that undead are just like you and me … well, okay. Possibly more like me than you.”
Cassandra Clare, City of Ashes

Cassandra Clare
“No, I'm just a very naughty boy. I do all sorts of bad things. I kick kittens. I make rude gestures at nuns.”
Cassandra Clare, City of Ashes