Ashley Hilton's Reviews > Where the Sidewalk Ends

Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein

F 50x66
Sep 27, 2012

Where The Sidewalk Ends is great for children I loved it when I was little I still love it to this day. These poems are not confusing, they are very easy for the young mind to grasp. The pictures that go with the poems are great, they are simple but so interesting. Most of the poems are fairly short so it is easy to keep a child intrigued. These poems are just silly goofy funny stories and they don't always make too much sense. I feel like when I read these poems they are kind of like Dr. Seuss books but instead they are poems for older kids. These poems made me want to write poetry when I was little so I am sure it will inspire other kids to do the same. This book shows kids that it is ok to make poems silly and not all poems have to be dark depressing or boring. The goal is to keep kids interested in writing and reading so if they can be entertained at the same time that is a bonus. While kids are reading this book teachers should have their students write their own poem and draw a picture to go with it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where the Sidewalk Ends.