Salymar's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling

Nov 24, 13

bookshelves: favorite, 2012-read, owned-books
Read from December 20 to 22, 2012

AWESOME! Just fudging awesome. Now this is what you call a book! (same with my other favorites). Hehe.

I felt like I was completely carried inside the book, exactly in Harry's position (and in the realm of Hogwarts) forced with the life he never even asked for. That is life for Harry Potter; adventurous, difficult, troublesome and dangerous. However, somewhere in the deep and dark unseen spaces are the shadows of people who truly look out for him and his precious life.

I have decided, upon reflecting, that I have never been this blown away in my life (better than what I felt in my 2012 Favorite Book, Divergent series). This is the best Harry Potter series so far.

Eventhough the book has 700pages, the plot can simply be justified shortly by trying to connect some of the usual school events to the event happened in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Well, in a normal (muggles-way) school there's this activity called 'inter-school tournament' or UAAP where three (3) or more school compete with each other in terms of sports and academic activities. And I think, whoever wins the competition will receive the 'Best School Award'. :p Anyway, in the world of HP, they call it (in a most general way) the ancient tournament (Triwizard Tournament) between Hogwarts and two other European wizarding schools. It was held on that certain year in Hogwarts but only a Seventh Year or students aging seventeen and above will only be allowed and chosen from each school to compete. Dumbfoundedly, students and professors were dramatically awry to hear that Harry Potter who has more than three years to qualify in the dangerous and challenging tournament is somehow chosen to compete after his name is mysteriously nominated.
(I personally call that one a diplomatic plot, somehow short and polite but vague. XD)

Still and all, I noted some of the overt and unobtrusive things a person will learn and think about upon reading this book:

Trust as a best ingredient for a long-lasting friendship- It shows, obviously between our trio heroes mainly in Harry and Ron. However, jealousy had withstand their way partly in the middle of the story but they've solved it unknowingly.

Diversion- I actually compared Hogwart's divisions (Gryffindor (brave) , Ravenclaw (Intelligent), Slytherin (Power Hungry) and Hufflepuff (Honest and Hard-workers) to Veronica Roth's Abnegation, Erudite, Amity, Candor and Dauntless. I admire how both author (Roth and Rowling) have created the idea that only behaviors and attitudes can divide the world. I just found it rather cool. ;)

Neville Longbotton- I purposely reserve this spot for him. I cried when I learned what happened to his parents. How and what would you feel when you have living parents but they don't reckon remembering you? Imagine yourself in that scenario because that's exactly what Neville has gone through ever since he's just a kid. No one have ever thought that beneath his funny face lies a child haunted by the tragic things that has happened to him and his family. From this day forward. I will seriously be against BULLYING!

(to be continued)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Quotes Salymar Liked

J.K. Rowling
“Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory.”
J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how
“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

J.K. Rowling
“It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.”

J.K. Rowling
“Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.”

12/20/2012 page 95
12.0% "THE QUIDDITCH WORLD CUP
Clutching their purchases, Mr. Weasley in the lead, they all hurried into the wood, following the lantern-lit trail.

~Sorry Harry! I need to take a pause in reading you for now. I just downloaded a PDF copy of Everything's Illuminated. Don't worry! I STILL LOVE YOU! LOL. :D"
12/21/2012 page 228
31.0% "BEAUXBATIONS AND DURMSTRANG Early next morning, Harry woke with a plan fully formed in his mind, as though his sleeping brain had been working on it all night."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Salymar Thanks for the like! :)

Salymar Thanks for the like! :)