Jagged's Reviews > Transcend

Transcend by Christine Fonseca

Oct 03, 12

bookshelves: books-i-have, favorites
Read from October 02 to 03, 2012

Awesome. I'll add the review later.

Okay, this book was fantastic. What beautiful writing. So many turns through madness you kind of find yourself going mad, too. It totally had the feel of Phantom of the Opera, which I loved.
This was a page turner for me. I found myself completely compelled to keep reading until the end.
It was very emotional, dark, distressing, and very poetic in the delivery.
For a book having only one major character--and only one with any character development; this book could have gone very badly---but it was polished! I am very happy to have read it. The only complaint I have is that I would have liked to know what caused the madness in the first place--but it was not necessary to make this book one of my favourite reads.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Transcend.

Quotes Jagged Liked

Christine Fonseca
“Only the living can feel this much pain.”

Christine Fonseca
“I'm more than the flesh and bone that defines me. More than the pain that consumes me and the madness radiating through me. I am a man. And I am still alive...”

Christine Fonseca
“Some things you just can't hide, no matter how thick the material.”

Christine Fonseca
“Dreams are funny things"..."Things seem so real when they are happening, only to fade instantly when the brain realizes they are mere images, shadows of the truth, but not part of it.”

Christine Fonseca
“She will assume it was me, assume that I have come to make good on my promises.
One of us should.”

Christine Fonseca
“My hands are still bleeding, too bloody. Every stain once gone has returned, like a permanent mark of the sins I've committed.”