Nardsbaby Reader's Reviews > The Glamorous Life

The Glamorous Life by Nikki Turner

Jan 07, 09

Read in May, 2005

Understand the struggle

In the jungle we hear this tale again, and again. Bambi Ferguson from Virginia's capital city is quickly mesmerized by all of the excitement in the streets. Pivoting hard while living the fast life it's love at first sight. Can you believe that even after two years she still gets chills up her spine from hearing her Boo talk? That's how you know it's love! I wonder how many chills she's getting as the surprise of happiness ever after has somberly come to a squealing close.

Oh no no no don't phunk with my heart....

Bambi dwindles down into a dark and lonely place. Slowly she resolves that any dude slippin' gets no mercy! Regardless of his jostle; from dope boys, stick up kids, gamblers, or gunslingers. Now that Bambi was navigating, she'd no longer be the deer caught in the headlights. Or would she?

The coolest Cat ever branded from VA returns. Lynx discovers a rare black beauty. Bambi's résumé for being a heartless female is quickly exposed. Instead of her past rerouting him, Lynx has a major admiration for her Gangstress. Promising to add to her life Bambi believes that she's finally found THE ONE! She's rearranged her way of life completely, without a second thought Lynx shoulders all of the aches. Will he become another name on the ever growing list.

Bambi now unleashes the ultimate level. Without any geographical boundaries, she has the game on a new lock down. F U pay me... Events R Us is flourishing. As the price is right on her love life again it becomes "crystal" that Bambi has contracted herself with the wrong partner.

Abundance of escapades, paybacks, ghetto livin', with heartaches. You got shorties jumping into the game with no instructions. Make money, take money WHAT...It all leads to those seeking out that glamorous life, learning that without love, it ain't much!

Pause...As life seems to fall into line someone, something, somewhere seems unsatisfied....With yet more to come can this deer maintain in the jungle? Keep checkin' for the follow up to Bambi's glamorous life.

PERSONALLY, I like me some Nikki Turner. The fact that she's with a better publisher, and took the time to apologize for past mishaps, further supports that. Deemed as an NT Original, I found The Glamorous Life to be just okay! The essence of the friendships, and the imminent need to be loved is captured perfectly. That Ruby character and her institutionalized thorough self made me laugh out loud. However, I don't have any empathy for a business savvy chick that has her own means, yet is dedicated to getting whatever she can, using what she's got! I did feel some growth in the character, yet, it's still the same verse.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Glamorous Life.