K's Reviews > Simplicity Parenting: Using the Extraordinary Power of Less to Raise Calmer, Happier, and More Secure Kids

Simplicity Parenting by Kim John Payne

Nov 01, 2012

Read from September 27 to November 01, 2012

Some of the best parenting advice I have read that didn't make me want to scream. Having a psych degree, a lot of the parenting information out there makes me want to yell, "but they're children." This is the first book that I can peacefully read it and get the feeling the author actually knows kids, has kids, and has studied developmental psychology.

I did not think the book was too strongly worded, the author clearly stated you may not want or be able to implement everything in the book but starting with any one thing helps. We have implemented a couple things with varying degrees if success, mostly because who knew toys were like rabbits. Even as I get rid of toys, they rapidly multiply. But behaviors have improved. I liked it because this was stuff I CAN control, not an attempt to control and deal with emotions of the children. To me it just seemed grounded in reality. I recommend to everyone I know, even as I know I won't be able to do it all. Great food for thought!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Simplicity Parenting.