Nicole 's Reviews > Crash

Crash by Lisa McMann

Dec 28, 12

Read from November 19 to 20, 2012

I'm not really sure where to begin talking about this book. For starters, I really liked it and it was a quick read, and I absolutely adored that about this book, but since it was quick and so short, I'm finding it hard to put my words on the page, or maybe its because I'm absolutely exhausted after staying up all night reading it.

I guess I'll start with the Jules, or Julia, our main character who keeps seeing these glimpses of this horrible explosion in which people die. She has no idea when or where it's going to happen, and she spends a good portion of the book trying to determine when this is all going down. I have to say that I admired her comittment to trying to figure this out when she could have just ignored it.

I love her family and how they each had these strange little quirks about them, like how her mom tries to be happy all the time, and her sister is devoted and hard working, and her brother, well, its hard to describe him other than being a completely loyal brother. I adored their relationships and interactions. I wish that there had been a little bit more of Jules' little sister Rowan, who we see less of.

I liked how the explosion presented themselves to Jules, how it started out as an image on a billboard, and then progressed into being more aggressive so she paid attention to them and made sure that she didn't just sit idly by. I found that her actions when it came to the crash a little...interesting.

I can see why it was so hard for Jules to try to explain what was happening to her. If I didn't read so much I probably would have thought she was crazy too. I was not a fan of Jules' father and the other family in this book, but not much I can do about that. I don't usually do this, but this is definitely Final Destination meets Romeo and Juliet. Check it out for sure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crash.