Nusejka's Reviews > Alice in Zombieland

Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter

Sep 27, 12

bookshelves: favorites

It is NOT a retelling of Alice in Wonderland, and NOT your usual zombie story. So if you want to read something like that then forget this book.

I totally loved it though I'm not into YA but damn!
I dislike YA books because usually they have soooo annoying and childish characters with life-and-death problems about how to dress up for the ball and how to ruin each other's social reputation in the school etc. brrrr... So on the plus side in this book you can't find a ball and - thank God - there's no love triangle! :D The kids are thinking mature - sometimes too mature to be authentic - and they are brave and funny, and Cole&Ali just badass enough. I find it quite refreshing that there is not a Big Big Romance between them (gag), they aren't overcomplicate it much.
I love this unique imagination of the now-so-popular zombie theme and I think it's quite original, this spirit zombie stuff is interesting too, so all in all I'm soooo waiting for the next book, because this one freaking cool :)
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alice in Zombieland.