Mitha's Reviews > Second Chance Summer

Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson

Oct 01, 12

bookshelves: favorites, tear-jerker-heart-wrenching
Read from October 01 to 02, 2012

Oh Lord! I think this is the most I've cried reading a book, EVER!
This book just gave me such raw sadness that no book had ever done. The story was so sad and felt so real that I couldn't stop crying for reading at least the last half part of the book. And I couldn't keep myself from thinking about my own parents, especially my Dad. It's not that he has a bad sickness or something (Thank God! And I hope he never will, Amen!), but it's just that I'm the closest child to my Dad, so that's why I felt the story just could be so real that I hoped with all my heart that it would never happen to me! The thing is...I've always been like Taylor, my Dad sorta has this special attention for me and we've always been the closest ones between the parents and the kids. And I just can't imagine, God...
Anyway, the book was incredible. It's the kind of book that you really need to pass on to your family, especially your children, when you have one. Great story, great writing, great reading! (Though you need to prepare a box of Kleenex for this one!-.-)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Second Chance Summer.

Quotes Mitha Liked

Morgan Matson
“And I’ve realized that the Beatles got it wrong. Love isn’t all we need—love is all there is.”

Morgan Matson
“A thousand moments that I had just taken for granted- mostly because I had assumed that there would be a thousand more.”

Morgan Matson
“Daddy," I whispered, feeling my own breath hitch in my throat. "I love you."
Just when I was sure he was asleep, the one corner of his mouth lifted in a smile. "I knew that," he murmured. "Always knew that.”

Morgan Matson
“In all the medical dramas I’d ever seen, there was always some solution, some last-minute, miraculously undiscovered remedy. Nobody ever just gave up on a patient. But it seemed like in real life, they did.”

Morgan Matson
“Looking at it, I got, for the first time, why people would bring flowers to sick people, stuck inside the hospital with no way to get outside. It was like bringing them a little bit of the world that was going on without them.”

Morgan Matson
“Knowing that each breath was another moment he was still here and, simultaneously, that meant that he had just moved a little closer to being gone.”

Morgan Matson
“It will be scary. But I know you can do it. Know that I'll be with you, if there's any way that I can manage it. And know that I have always -and will, for always- love you.”

Morgan Matson
“(And believe me, you don't want me to be unhappy. I may be looking into the haunting thing right now.)”

10/01/2012