Sandy Williams's Reviews > Full Blooded

Full Blooded by Amanda  Carlson

Sep 26, 12

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, sandy-recommends
Read in September, 2012

Holy hell, that was a ride!

It's been a while since I've become so breathless after reading an urban fantasy book. I'd read a few reviews of FULL BLOODED, so I knew I'd likely enjoy it, and when I started reading it, I did. I enjoyed the whole first half. It was good, Jessica was freaking awesome, and - this is going to sound really weird - but I developed a bit of a crush on her dad.

I know! Weird! I'm supposed to develop a crush on the love interest, not on the MC's DAD! But you guys, Callum - damn, even the name Callum makes me all giddy - is super powerful. And he's well respected. I love a guy who's well respected.

Anyway, like I was saying, I was enjoying the first half of the book. Then, I hit the 53% mark, and HOLY FREAKING GEEZ ALL MIGHTY! I was hooked. I couldn't put it down. Each page hit just right - bam, bam, bam - and the love interest... Well, yeah, totally crushing on him! My only complaint is that he's not in the book enough!

I'm so, so tempted to abuse my status as an author and beg Amanda for a copy of the next book, but I lost practically the whole day to reading this! I seriously have to finish up writing MY book before I can let myself get sucked into a book like this again. So, um, anyone have suggestions for some good, but not great books to read???

(Um, on second thought, please don't rec books that are just good. LOL. I have a huge TBR stack as it is!)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Full Blooded.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Mikey Fortunately I saw your review of this book just when I was about to be crippled from indecision of what book to read next on my TBR stack. Since this 'pretty' just arrived in the mail and I love your book, I'm going to take it as a sign that this is the next one I should read.

Sandy Williams Yay!!! Hope you love it as much as I did! It was Action Action Action ZOMG! Action! And cool family/pack dynamics, too. :-)

message 3: by Heather (new) - added it

Heather Wiese Ooh! This is totally on my Amazon wishlist and I just haven't gotten around to purchasing it yet because I have SO MANY OTHER books to read. Maybe it shall move up on that list now... :))

Mikey Sandy wrote: "Yay!!! Hope you love it as much as I did! It was Action Action Action ZOMG! Action! And cool family/pack dynamics, too. :-)"

Oh My frick'n gosh! April is way too far away for the next book. I also now have an unhealthy crush on Callum, but I actually think my favourite character is Nick. Amanda Carlson is one great story teller and you're right no lulls in the story. I shall now be stalking your reviews!

Sandy Williams Hurray! So glad you loved it as much as I did! Isn't Callum freaking awesome? lol I thought Nick was pretty cool, but my crushes are reserved for Callum and Rourke. :-)