Aja's Reviews > Romiette and Julio

Romiette and Julio by Sharon M. Draper

F_50x66
Jan 08, 09

The book I recently read is Romiette and Julio by Sharon Draper. This is a take-off of William Shakespears’ book Romeo and Juliet it has a very powerful message which is where ever you go in life there are going to be obsticals in your way.

This book is based on an African-American and a Texan-American. And the trials and tribulations that they have to go through to show there true love for one another. The way they met is similar to the way my boyfriend and I met in real life, over the internet. He was on a teen chat room trash talking Cincinnati after his parents forced him to move there do to his problem with gangs in his other school. What he did not know was that “Afroqueen” the person we later find out to be Romiette and “Spanishlover” the person we soon find to be Julio would be soon going to the same school, and share a common interest in many things.

This book had me captivated from the moment I picked it up to the moment I put it down in all reality I have read this book at least 5 times but the last time I read it was early 2008 and missed reading it. This is my all time favorite book ever and I would definitely recommended it to anyone actually if you like reading realistic fiction books then your going to love reading this book.

This book can teach people a lot and the one thing that I learned which is extremely sad is that bullys and gangs there going to be around for a long time and frankly I do not think there is anything that anyone can do about it. A lot of brave people put there life at risk each and every day and try to stop all of this violence from happening in the streets that way hopefully you might not have to pick up your life and move millions of miles out of state because you are scared for the well being of you and your family.

Out of all the books, I have read this month this has to be the best one. I have also this month read the book First French Kiss: And Other Traumas by Adam Bagdasarian. This book was too inspirational but it didn’t give me the same message as Romiette and Julio which was to never let anything or anyone stand in the way of you and your love.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Romiette and Julio.