Rebekah's Reviews > Ghost Planet

Ghost Planet by Sharon Lynn Fisher

Oct 12, 12

bookshelves: fan-girling-ly-fabulous
Read from September 26 to October 11, 2012

What worked: When I first saw this book on NetGalley, it was the cover and the blurb that drew me in. The other Dystopian-type books I’ve read so far have all been YA so seeing something in that genre which I suppose could be classed as New Adult, I was intrigued to say the least. After the initial few pages, I was drawn into the story and flew through the pages without looking back. I had to know more about Murphy. I had to know more about Elizabeth. I had to know what the hell was going to happen next!

With Elizabeth, I really admire her attitude. She’s not going to mope around for the rest of her life, she takes the time she needs and then she moves on. As simple as that. Even when she faces dire circumstances, she doesn’t let it faze her because her determination to live is so strong.

Murphy, oh where do I start with Murphy? First of all, he’s Irish. What else can I tell you about him? He’s sweet, kind, he doesn’t play games, what you see is what you get(and who wouldn’t want him!) and he’s a freaking awesome cook! The relationship between the two of them was just so cute and refreshing that everytime they had a playful battle of words psychologist-style, I was grinning from ear to ear.

The world building was just beautiful and haunting at the same time. New strands of theories were woven in flawlessly and in some ways, the feel of the book reminded me a little of The Chaos Walking trilogy.

What irked: I admit, it did take me about 10% of the book to really get into it but once I did, there was no looking back.

There is one ploy that one of the baddies uses and I really didn’t agree with Murphy’s decision but I could understand why he would want to. I empathised with Elizabeth on that one.

Recommended to: Our older Dystopian readers, obviously the romance is of a more….mature stage so I would say 18+. That’s not to say that it’s a 50 Shades-style romp fest because that couldn’t be further from the truth. It is charmingly gorgeous and glorious with a bit of steam here and there ;)

I would give this book....***4.5 Stars - This book is really good, a definite re-reader.***

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ghost Planet.

10/11/2012
35.0% "Oh Murphy!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Fisher Very much enjoyed reading this. Thanks so much for taking the time to read and review GHOST PLANET!

Rebekah Aw, I'm glad! Thanks for letting me read an ARC! :)