Dreams's Reviews > Hear Me

Hear Me by Skye Warren

Oct 02, 2012

bookshelves: 4-5-star-reads, books-i-own-read, kindle-books, kindle-no-longer-loanable
Read from September 25 to October 02, 2012

"She kissed him. His lips were unexpectedly soft. They parted- in surprise, she thought- and then she slipped her tongue inside. It had been forever since she'd done this, never had she done this, but it came to her like breathing. She needed it, and if he took it away, if he stopped her...
He did stop her, but only to reverse everything, changing it but leaving it the same, with only the flick of his tongue and the tightening of his hand on her hip. Then it was him kissing her; it was her sighing. Please, oh please and he answered her with his heat, his taste, with the pleasure he found from showing her this place of beauty and magic.
No, she'd been wrong. Any price would be too high if she were to lose this after all."

There's a few authors out there that somehow, instinctively know how to play me like a well used Stradivarius and make me enjoy it; Skye Warren is one of them.

I was all over the place with this book...repeatedly.

This book does have a different tone and emotional dimensions than the prior two books in this series and though it wasn't quite what I was expecting, it was still, completely rhapsodic.

The ending...ah, the ending...the jury is still out for me on it.
I don't know how I feel about it...I sort of think it was deliciously fantastic and disturbingly wrong all at the same time; and that's basically how my thoughts run for most of Warren's work :)

If you've never read a novel by Skye Warren and you're not easily scared or disturbed by darkly good writing, you need to read this series.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hear Me.

Quotes Dreams Liked

Skye Warren
“He didn't use me like an object, because a thing didn't need to be mastered. He didn't use me like a slave, because a slave didn't need to feel wanted. He used me like a woman, hungry and desperate.”
Skye Warren, Hear Me

Taryn at My Secret Romance How do you like this? I just read it.

Dreams I'm only about 30 pages in so far, all my reading time has been taking over by textbooks from school lately. I'll be so glad when this semester is over!

I like what I've read so far though...did you like it?

Taryn at My Secret Romance Excuses, excuses! lol Just kidding. :)

I did like it very much! I was confused and shocked with the ending. Maybe you won't be...could have been just me. Can't wait to see what you think.

Dreams Yeah, yeah...I hear ya! Glad I'm not the only one that was conflicted about the ending!

Taryn at My Secret Romance So it's not just me when it comes to the ending? I was shocked and confused...like, should I have known all of that?