Cara's Reviews > Just Like That

Jan 07, 2009

did not like it
bookshelves: realistic-fiction
Read in December, 2007

Isn't that cover wonderful? How could we get a bad story from that? Well it happened. I actually was really into it in the beginning, but it seemed too dramatic. Can't say I could really relate to the main character. I actually would have rather read a book about Will's sister. I bet that would have been interesting.
The title is very fitting though, because before Hanna knows it things change instantly, which is how most things are. There is this sort of twist in it that really didn't set well with me, and I'm sure it won't bother some people but I just couldn't take it. One of the redeeming qualities of the book is that Hanna doesn't feel like she has to stay with her boyfriend she has in the beginning of the book. Glad to see some gumption, but still it felt like it was trying to be dramatic for the sake of being dramatic. Lots of girls will love this book, but it's just didn't speak to me.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Like That.

Krystle May Please click the spoiler link. Will's "secret," if I can call it that, was one of the things I liked most about this book and something you don't find out until a good section has been biten off. It would be best if others didn't know this before hand, if they feel like reading others' reviews. Thank you.

message 2: by Cara (new) - rated it 1 star

Cara Thanks for catching that. I actually noticed that other people did it as well and didn't think much of it. I hate writing spoiler reviews so I just took out the spoiler.